Introducing MeFriday, February 22, 2013
Many of you already know who I am, of course, but there have been a lot of new faces around here this week. I somehow managed to get 1200 hits the other day (I'm still not sure how that happened!) and my Wordless Wednesday link party went from 4 entries last week (its first week) to 47 entries this week! I am so grateful to everyone who linked up :)
But anyway, since I've had so many new readers this week, I thought I'd post a little bit about myself :)
I'm Alex :)
- I'm married to Tom, who is awesome.
- We have an adorable dog named Archie Simpson (after Snake from Degrassi), who, contrary to popular belief, is not an abnormally long chocolate lab puppy; he's a full-grown Dachshund/Basset hound/blue heeler mix.
- May is an important month for us: we married on the 7th (two years ago), started dating on the 15th (three years ago), I was born on the 21st (25 years ago), and Archie was born on the 26th (two years ago).
- I'm a preschool teacher, and I absolutely love it. It can be stressful at times (2/3 of my class doesn't speak English), but it's totally worth it.
- I am absolutely terrified of spiders.
- I never get enough sleep. I was an insomniac even as a little kid, and that hasn't changed as I've gotten older. I've had some very unattractive dark circles going on over the past couple of weeks.
- We've been trying to have a baby for two years. We've gone through a hysterical pregnancy and infertility, but now that I FINALLY HAVE A REGULAR PERIOD AGAIN!!!!!!! (sorry, it might have been TMI, but it's a HUGE deal for me!) we're hopeful that this is finally our year :)
- I have two other blogs: Operation Skinny Jeans, a weight loss blog I write with my friend Jess, and Pre-K Prep School, a teaching blog.
- I love reality competitions, especially Project Runway, ANTM, The Taste, and Top Chef.
- My favorite foods are cereal, burritos, crab cakes, and cheesecake.
- I'm a total nerd. I'm obsessed with Harry Potter, love Doctor Who, am an avid Pokemon player, and have spent waaaaay too many hours immersing myself in the Elder Scrolls universe.
- I love, love, love fashion, though my wardrobe doesn't particularly reflect that. I've been too broke to buy clothes, but that's going to change.
- I have an Etsy shop where I sell digital invitations and cards.
- I love doing yoga, and when the weather stops being such a jerkface, I'm going to attempt running.
- My life-long dream of going to Disney World is FINALLY coming true this year, and I get absolutely giddy just thinking about it :)