ipsy Glam Bag - June 2015Tuesday, June 23, 2015
So I realized I haven't really talked about this on the blog before, but a few months ago (March, to be exact), I began getting the ipsy Glam Bag. I have always had an interest in makeup, but I hated spending a lot of money on products I wasn't sure I would want. Through ipsy, I get to try five new beauty products each month for $10; some are sample sizes, but many are full-sized!
It actually ended up being somewhat fortuitous that I had been receiving the bags. When we moved (I'm not sure I've talked about that either, actually. If I haven't, we moved at the end of April), I could have sworn that our first night in the new place, I brought my makeup bag and my skincare necessities (my Movis, toner, and moisturizer), but I haven't seen any trace of any of it. I've been looking through the boxes we still haven't unpacked (because yes, we still have some stuff that's not unpacked. It'll get there), but I can't find them anywhere. Other than my Movis, I have most been mourning the absence of my mascara and my Nyx Butter Gloss.
Thankfully, all of my Ipsy bags were still together (I hadn't yet intermingled their contents with my other makeup yet), so I still have the products I've received in the past few months. If I need to end up fully replenishing my stash, I've made a good start this way, at least!
Last week, my June Glam Bag arrived. This month's theme (each month's bag has a theme) was Swim Into Beauty. I received a variety of products, none of which I have tried yet.
In my bag:
- IT Cosmetics Brow Power Universal Eyebrow Pencil -- I'm pretty excited about this, because I've been trying to pay a little more attention to my brows lately. They're pretty untamed in general, but I've noticed that filling them in with some pencil makes them look a lot better. And since my eyebrow pencils are apparently off floating in a void or something, this will come in handy.
- Smashbox Cosmetics Photo Finish Foundtion Primer -- I've been hearing great things about this primer for years, but I've always been too cheap to fork over the cash to actually buy it. I was really excited to get it, and I'm excited to try it out (once I get some more foundation/BB cream, that is).
- Altchek MD Eye Gel Pads -- These are supposed to reduce fine lines and puffiness, which is great for me, since my insomnia leaves my under eye area a hot mess.
- Formula X Nail Color in Power Source -- Admittedly, I rarely paint my nails. When I do, it's usually my toes, because I always think having my fingernails painted, no matter how long or short they are, makes my fingers look even stubbier than usual. When I do, I generally go with neutrals, and this is like a neon coral. I might use it. I might not. We'll see.
- tre'StiQue Mini Shadow Crayon in Venetian Gold -- I'm pretty excited about this, actually. I love gold eyeshadow, and shadow crayons were my eye makeup of choice when I was younger. I think this is going to work out pretty well.